The Sr Solution Consultant plays a key role in helping to drive our Strategic Products’ market segment strategies and growth objectives into the marketplace. This role ensures that our customers and prospects maximize their long term relationship with the company. Conversely, this role is critical in representing the needs and opportunities in the marketplace to the Market Product Managers as we develop our solution/product strategies and roadmaps.
Working with the Market Product Managers and Product Marketing, the Sr Solution Consultant will define the key value propositions for the targeted market segments. This role will work closely with the sales organization and third party partners, and apply the market segment value propositions in the development of account plans, value propositions, and long term solution adoption strategies for the company’s customers and prospects.
The role requires in-depth industry business insight; a keen sense of the strategic and long term approach the company’s customers should execute when using our solutions; a strong understanding of how the company’s solutions can add real value for our customers; and an ability to work directly with less senior customers.
As a critical part of the company's go-to-market efforts, the Sr Solution Consultant will work on an agreed list of key customers and prospects, participate in the Virtual Account Teams (VATs) and be involved in new business development activities.
Understand and adheres to all Corporate Policies to include but not limited to the company's Code of Ethics and Global Information Security.
The company is an expanding global software organization headquartered in Florida, the USA. They provide electronic banking and payment solutions for more than 5000 financial institutions, retailers, billers and processors around the world. More than 1,000 of the largest financial institutions and intermediaries as well as 300 of the leading global retailers rely on their services to execute $14 trillion each day in payments. They deliver real-time capabilities and enable the industry’s most complete omni-channel payments experience.
Supports Sales Processes
· Identifies business development opportunities as a result of knowledge gained from both customer and external industry engagements.
· Supports the Market Product Management leader in the deal review and approval process.
· Defines value propositions and long term solution strategies for specific opportunities and to assist the channel in progressing deals against those plans.
· Participates as strategic product representative in Virtual Account Team (VAT) and contributes to the development of specific account solution.
· Identifies, and presents the appropriate solutions to customers/prospects.
· Provides advice and business consultancy to prospects/customers on solution design options, impacts of modifications on the existing system and how to establish and operate related aspects of their business.
· Provides product demonstrations.
· Ensures a smooth transition from the Sales process to the Project process. Ensures that all client business objectives are met as identified through the sales process and planned for in the implementation process.
· Creatively build presentations, proposals and papers designed to assist in the sales of product solutions.
· Provide a highly focused level of sales support for Account Executives
· Cooperatively build a sales strategy for each account and each sales engagement.
· Collaborate in this role with customer account team members including other solution consultants, account representatives, customer managers, project managers, and the executive leadership team.
· Coordinate customer engagements as appropriate to facilitate contract closes against the sales target.
· Provide advice and business consultancy to prospects/customers to gather requirements for product enhancements and add-on sales.
Engages in Continued Self Development
· Accountable for creating and executing against an individual development plan, with support from their manager.
· Has direct engagement and participation in external industry forums such that individual furthers development of knowledge in the payments industry for the specific market segment.
· Keeps current with new trends, products, and technologies in the payments industry.
Engages in Product / Value Prop Development
· Contributes market perspective to development of solution/product roadmap and identifies and produces key value propositions (use cases) in their segment.
· Support Market Product Managers and Product Marketing in defining the unique differentiators for the company solutions in the marketplace and development of the value map.
· Has direct engagement with customers, providing view to market segment's product roadmaps and key value propositions/use cases then apply both to address customer's specific business needs.
· Maintain value proposition tool and update ROI calculators by working with the Account Executive. Maintain value proposition’s algorithms and KPI’s for accounts.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
· BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
· 3 years as top “Subject Matter Expert” in specific market segment 5 years of experience in relevant industry sector
· 5 years business consulting experience in financial industry systems
· Ability to read, write, and speak Japanese fluently (Knowledge of Korean Language would also be very useful)
· Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently (some translation work from Japanese to English and English to Japanese is required)
· Have a working knowledge of Payments Systems in Japan and Korea
· Have a working knowledge of card industry in Japan & Korea as well as the global card industry (e.g. UPI/CUP, VISA, MCI, etc.)
· Have a working knowledge of fraud detection and monitoring systems
· Have a working knowledge of financial industry in Japan & Korea (front, middle, and Back office processing)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Knowledge of multiple industry products and applications preferred
· Understanding of fit for industry products, services and solutions across a number of industry sectors preferred
· Understanding of the effect of technology on business
· Understanding of the sales cycle and customer buying motives and criteria
· Excellent written and oral communication, to include presentation, skills
· Strong problem solving and critical thinking
· Ability to support cross-product sales and consultancy efforts and implementations for company
· Ability to perform needs analysis & ROI analysis highly desired
· Ability to motivate self, work independently with little supervision
· Ability to respond creatively to customers
· Works effectively in team environment