Our client is a multi-national American IT service and consulting corporation. Their services include Business Management consulting, software development and business process outsourcing for many technologies including, application Development, SCM and testing services.
This position is for a key Senior Pre-Sales (Solutions Consultant) for our Warehouse Management & Transportation Management solutions. The role will be based in APAC – Tokyo, and will potentially support large sized Warehouse Management opportunities in Japan, APAC and potentially across the globe. The role has high visibility and high strategic impact within the company on a global basis as well as with the largest retail / manufacturing companies within Japan and APAC.
Provide pre-sales support to specific sales opportunities and prospects. Actively contribute to revenue and growth targets for the Sales organization.
- Articulate company high level vision across the supply chain, focusing on key business challenges, at Executive level
- Drive detailed discovery / opportunity assessment sessions with market leading customers and lead value-based and consultative sales cycles
- Retain awareness of market trends and analysts opinions, and be able to contribute to market positioning through conference speaking, trade articles and interviews, with specific focus on Sales & Operations Planning, Supply Chain Planning, Factory Planning and Sequencing, Demand Planning and Inventory Optimization Warehouse Management, Warehouse Labor Management, Warehouse Time & Motion studies, Transportation planning and execution related areas.
- Ability to communicate thought leadership in some of the companies key customer segments like Retail, 3PL, Hi-tech, Automotive & Industrial, Consumer Packaged Goods and Semiconductors.
- Establish account presence and build trust with key accounts to achieve ‘trusted advisor’ status
- Contribute to the development of the account sales strategy in conjunction with the Sales Account Managers
- Support customer reference sites through professional client relationships Respond to Customer RFPs/RFIs with high level of knowledge
- Present and articulate advanced product features and benefits across company solution set
- Build/deliver multi-product demonstrations as part of a stated solution for customers
- Develop the business case and value proposition for solutions
- Experience working for an International Sales organization
- Worked in a Warehouse Management and Transportation Management Software companies or has direct experience in delivering complex projects to warehouse and transportation operations.
- Hands on experience with Solution Software (specifically SCM) is a major plus
- Success with complex, large-scales Tier 1 sales opportunities
- Excellent text writer (experience with RFIs, ITTs, etc.)
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (in particular PowerPoint)
- Relaxed and confident speaker
- Degree educated or equivalent work experience
- Experiences with Transportation Planning and Management a major plus.