Our client, who is a major provider of network infrastructure is looking for a customer and channel facing presales engineering representative focused on Japan Tier-1 carrier market. Perform technical tasks, including assisting in written proposals, network design and engineering and quotes. Assist and develop channel partners to enable channel partner business.
DIMENSION & SCOPE:
Customer and channel facing presales engineering representative focused on Japan markets. Perform technical tasks, including assisting in written proposals, network design and engineering and quotes. Assist and develop channel partners to enable channel partner business. Must be able to communicate solutions to customers and work with internal organization.
In more specific terms, detail function-by-function / responsibility-by-responsibility what the incumbent is held accountable for over a given period of time, beginning with the major duties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the sales team with analysis and evaluation of customers technical requirements
- Perform network designs using network design and modeling tools for customer applications and requirements base on the networking products
- Develop Bill of Materials, respond to RFPs and customer technical inquiries
- Develop and recommend products and solutions
- Hands-on lab preparations for customer demos or equipment certifications
- Prepare and present network design and solutions to customer
- Provide presales support and training to channel partners for channel business enablement
- Interface with sales and regional technical primes to develop and/or propose product enhancements to meet customer requirements
- Business travel is required
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
List appropriate work experience, education, and/or professional certification(s).
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent
- 5-8 years of experience in telecommunications industry
- Prior pre-sales engineering experience in Network Vendor or Systems Integrator
List appropriate knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Technical knowledge in fiber optics transmission systems (especially SDH, DWDM), telecommunication networks and network management
- Technical knowledge in data networking including understanding of IP, Ethernet and other data networking protocols
- Familiarity with test equipment (traffic generators, OSA, OTDR, power meters, etc.)
- Strong PC skills including general knowledge of applications programs such as MS Office
- Ability to demonstrate experience in technical sales activities
- Ability to understand customer needs and use technical expertise to develop customer solutions
- Ability to develop customer relationships and work well with customers
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills in Japanese and English
- Ability to work well in a team
- Strong English skills essential