Job Title: Support Analyst
Location: Japan – Tokyo
Purpose of the role:
- This role will act as the key liaison and initial Technology contact between the Japanese Stakeholders (Acquirers and Issuers) in Tokyo, and internal technical and operational teams.
Key role deliverables:
- To act as the communication link between technical and operational teams and the Acquirers and Issuers in Japan
- Handling Live Issues/incidents:
- Performing the initial consultation.
- Engaging with the appropriate support teams.
- Understanding, verifying and communicating the incident priority correctly.
- Lead the incident recovery activities through efficient & effective communication, and drive across the required support teams
- Logging and updating in systems (ServiceNow) in line with the defined incident management process and practices.
- Ensuring a full and complete handover to other team members at the end of each local business day.
- Managing BAU Queries:
- Taking full accountability for all queries raised by Acquirers and Issuers and ensuring they are documented and communicated effectively and efficiently
- Engaging with the appropriate internal teams to obtain resolution of all issues raised, ensuring all activities are fully documented and communicated
- Ensuring all responses are of sufficient content, detail and presentation to resolve the issue at hand, challenging and escalating as appropriate if not.
- To be prime contact for receiving and communicatingpertinent information received from the Acquirers and Issuers, card scheme mandated releases, new Issuers etc.
Other Significant Role Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – English and Japanese.
- Motivated self-starter with excellent time management skills and an ability to work from broad guidelines with minimal supervision
- Strong organisation skills, attention to detail and capable of meeting tough deadlines in a demanding environment.
- Requires fast and accurate judgment and analysis of complex situations and strong decision making skills
- Must be able to work well in a collaborative environment that promotes sharing of knowledge and experiences.
- Team Player with the ability to adapt to a continually changing market and customer demands.
- Able to prioritize and promptly respond to customer issues/requests.
- Highly motivated individual that encourages initiative in others; takes action to create opportunities and/or avoid problems.
- Strong work ethic, self-starter and confident.
- Fluency in Japanese and English is essential.
- Degree level education
- Proven written and oral skills in Japanese and English Languages
- Experience in Finance/Card industry would be a distinct advantage
- Understanding of networking technologies and protocols, ISP, MPLS , IP, VPNs, TCP, UDP will be a plus
- Understanding of distributed communications systems
- Knowledge and understanding of Acquiring and Issuers
- Understanding of the ITIL framework