Your main duties will be to:
- Understand and analyse client’s needs from a technical and functional perspective
- Plan and estimate projects with the Project Manager and the Development Team
- Implement and build platforms targeting various applications, including High Touch Trading, Low Touch / DMA, FIX Connectivity, Middle Office, etc.
- Support the integration of new products into existing client platforms
- Liaise with Product teams, Product owners or third party vendors to ensure proper solutions are identified and delivered
- Define and document procedures to improve internal work flow
- Use a “test-driven” methodology (working with our QA)
- Using advanced knowledge of products, resolve advanced L2/L3 support tickets for clients in Tokyo.
- Degree in Computer Science highly recommended
- Programming experience in Java preferred; shell, perl, C, Ruby, etc recommended.
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix tools with respect to search/replace, log analysis and system health.
- FIX experience mandatory
- A minimum of 3 years in a financial IT position
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize work and effectively manage multiple tasks
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- High energy, positive attitude, fast learner and proactive
- Understanding of financial markets
- English and Japanese business level or above