The role is a challenging one, that requires a dynamic individual who is self-motivated, disciplined, ethical and results oriented. You must be able to work unsupervised and on your own initiative. You will bring market insight, creative flair, and a passion for results.
- Work with sales team to determine potential solution fit.
- Create product solution presentations of company's solutions that reinforce the company's value proposition that drive business transformation with the prospective customer.
- Participate in meetings and interviews with prospects to gather and understand their business’s requirements and technical environments. Resolve technical and product functionality questions.
- Conduct detailed presentations and demonstrations (on-site or remotely)
- Work with Sales and Product Management / Marketing on competitor information, industry analysis, technology, and market trends.
- Respond to requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Work with Professional Services on deal progression, expectations, statement of works, and transition post-sale.
- Maintain industry, market, and product knowledge, as well as, stay abreast of competitor’s products, technology and offerings. Further, maintain knowledge of appropriate technology evolution.
- Provide product training as required.
- Participate in trade-shows, user conferences, training, and sales seminars as required.
- Maintain a working, demonstration environment suitable for performing solution demonstrations.
- Follow presales rules of engagement and activity reporting as required.
- Serve as an expert or trusted advisor to prospects or customers and providing recommendation to address prospect or customer requirements.
- Can hold C-level (CTO, CIO) conversations on Technology strategy
- Articulate the company's technology vision & strategy in tandem with solution offerings
- Develop and manage client relationships
- Become proficient in providing presales support for other products as required.
- Understand predominant industry trends and apply the company’s technology in the context of trends (Digital Transformation, IoT, Big Data, networks)
- The ideal candidate will possess at least 5 years’ experience in related product/discipline and Execution with some knowledge of information technology, or business management.
- In addition, the ideal candidate should possess one or more of the following:
- 5 years in similar role as a Presales
- 5 years in consulting for the related products
- Have affinity with technology aspects like database, integration, federation services, business intelligence, document management, workflow, alerting, messaging queues, and service bus
- Ability to understand and discuss the trend in the relevant product business world and how today’s applications can be an enabler in supporting the relevant industry/companies.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills and a professional demeanor.
- Good interpersonal skills and confidence to conduct discussions with prospects or customers in both technical and senior management roles.
- Must have a basic understanding of business concepts such as ROI
- The ideal candidate will have relevant experience, technical knowhow related to MS SQL, Oracle and other database systems, XML, Script/Programming. Direct involvement in Proof of Concepts will be required
- Candidates with a strong understanding of Middleware technologies or Business Process Management desired
- Experience in selling and working with middleware integration technologies, analytics, BI (Experience with other middleware and BI is a plus)
- Communicate in both Japanese and English. (does not need to be native level, but need to read English documents, write emails in English, and attend English based training and meeting)