Global Enterprise Software company specialising in CRM, SCM and Enterprise Management software. They are looking for a Marketing Director for their Tokyo office.
POSITION: Field Marketing Director, Japan
The Field Marketing Director will be responsible for managing the JAPAN field marketing and business development team to support revenue targets for field sales teams through prescriptive and impactful demand generation campaigns and activities.
- Manage the Go To Market marketing strategy and team across JAPAN that include:
- Developing and driving strategic field marketing plans that support sales pipeline and revenue targets and other business imperatives. Utilize a rich and multi-touch mix of activities and tactics (online marketing, direct mail, email, webinars, events, etc.) in support of campaigns to qualify leads into high value opportunities.
- Execute overall direct marketing efforts: manage segmentation of database & list management, campaign creation in campaign management tool, development of both lead acquisition and lead nurturing campaigns
- Manage the sales leadership and rep relationships to foster high level of cooperation, participation and feedback channels. Present on-going and campaign communications to Sales and Marketing communities.
- Track, monitor, follow-up and report timely results of demand generation programs to present to executive management, Sales, and Marketing staff
- Manage a business development team of telemarketing staff focused on lead generation, qualification and pipeline building
- Coordinate with corporate marketing team on all designs, website updating, campaign content and material.
- Work with APAC PR leader to manage local PR agency and communications including major launches, executive tours, customer case studies, local media announcements
- Work with Channel sales to deliver channel marketing programs that drive demand
- Marketing to the Channel to enable partners and alliances to represent our products
- Understand product strengths, functionality and the competition in sufficient depth to devise & execute demand generation programs
- Work with Field Sales, Inside Sales, Business Development, Product Marketing, and Product Management to plan and determine the effectiveness of various demand generation activities; utilize closed loop process to measure results and improve campaign effectiveness.
- Manage budgeting, accruals, forecasting and reporting
- Always be vigilant about looking for more innovative, impactful and efficient ways of finding and unearthing opportunities in the market.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following essential skills, knowledge and attributes:
- JAPAN field marketing experience across all key markets with notable enterprise software/applications companies a plus
- 10+ years of experience in demand generation or marketing program management with proven successes in campaign delivery with at least 4-5 years in managing a team of 5 or more across JAPAN
- Confidence and ability in working with senior sales executives in a consultative capacity
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills in English – Bilingual essential
- Excellent analytical, time management and organizational skills to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent project and vendor management abilities
- Ability to respond quickly to changing demands and market conditions
- Commitment to teamwork and ability to operate in a matrix business environment
- Previous success in marketing role for an enterprise software or technology company
- Experience in CRM lead management
- Microsoft Office experience mandatory with extensive emphasis on Excel and Powerpoint
- Telemarketing/telesales management experience
- College/university degree desirable. Focus in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or Business
- Flexible, proactive, adapts to change
- Positive “Can Do” attribute
- Deadline oriented and budget conscious
- Ability to inspire a team
- Strategic thinker
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English