Our client company provides industry-leading Internet security solutions for consumers, enterprises and small and medium businesses worldwide. They are looking for a Solution Architect/Pre Sales Engineer to join their team in Tokyo.
Solution Architect/Pre Sales Engineer
Our client company provides industry-leading Internet security solutions for consumers, enterprises and small and medium businesses worldwide. Their products consistently receive top review ratings by respected third parties. With a wide range of online security products for home and office, the company protects corporate networks and allows consumers to download music, store digital files, bank, shop, surf and search – safely.
The company is currently seeking a Solution Architect for their Japan office. In this highly visible and strategic role, this role will have the opportunity to design and drive the implementation of computer systems, applications and user interfaces, as part of ongoing IT operations and special projects.
The candidate will need to fill two key niches:
- Work with internal and external customers to develop systems to required business specifications, as part of special projects.
- Work with internal and external customers to analyze and identify business process and system issues. The ability to quickly design solutions to identified system/process problems that are in keeping with the needs of the business is critical.
Responsibilities for the Solution Architect fall into 3 key categories:
A solution architect is responsible for understanding internal and external customer needs, and designing, or implementing computer and network systems that meet the customer’s needs. This involves performing system and network modeling, analysis and planning to implement a solution that will meet business needs within financial budget guidelines. This may include researching software and hardware products or services, and finding best solutions and prices to meet business requirements. In most cases, the architect presents and translates the design to customers to ensure the design will meet the customers' requirements.
After the design of systems are completed, the solution architect translates the requirements to internal information technology teams such as software and hardware programmers, developers and network administrators to successfully implement the design. This can include delegating development responsibilities or performing development tasks directly, however the candidate should be hands-on and willing/able to roll up her/his sleeves and develop. As a technical expert, the architect often provides guidance and makes decisions on changes required throughout the design process, and into the implementation phase.
Along with design and development, an architect reviews and analyzes current technology infrastructure and its ability to support strategic objectives. This includes working with all internal departments within an organization to assist in the improvement of business processes, testing systems to ensure functionality is satisfactory and recommending new systems or product upgrades
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Deep expertise in analyzing and identifying business process and system issues. Able to quickly design solutions that are in keeping with the needs of the business.
- An ability to quickly learn new technologies, as well as be able to quickly ascertain the appropriateness of a technology for the organization, given the existing architecture.
- Excellent customer service skills addressing the needs of both the external and internal customer with strong communication and process skills
- Experience designing and implementing large and small-scale systems / applications
- 5+ years in Enterprise IT
- Functional and Technical documentation skills which address the needs of the customer
- 7+ years experience as an Architect/Pre Sales Engineer or Software Engineer
- Strong software design & architectural experience
- Good understanding of SQL and Oracle PL/SQL database programming
- Heavy SOA background
- Strong object modeling/software design skills
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Certifications related to system and network architecture (Cisco, Microsoft), as well as development capabilities (Java, PL/SQL, SOA) are also desired.
- Enterprise Architect certifications are a bonus, including but any of the following;
- Oracle Certified Enterprise Architect (JEE)
- Java Certifications of any kind
- Master data management (MDM) experience and Governance
- Pre-sales experience of security product
- Likely background in a similar security software, services or solutions company
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in a relevant subject is preferred
- Fluent English speaking / Fluent Japanese speaking